Sunday, March 20, 2016

Expect the Unexpected - Me and Lipsticks


I'm sure you don't believe me when I say, "I'm a very conservative person -- deep down inside".  I promise it's true and kind of hard to explain, but let me try.



 Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick - Weirdo
So....... I was raised by a mother who would put on Avon- Cherry Jubilee Lipstick on Sunday Mornings in the church parking lot, and once it was gone, she didn't apply it again till the following Sunday. My dad is a Marine, need I say more. He taught me how to be neat at all times and never do anything to make yourself stand out in a crowd. That's me in a nutshell, however my dad is also a photographer and he's always taking pictures -- ALL THE TIME. Let's just say it's in my DNA. I love photos, currently I have 5, 346 photos in my Camera Roll. Pictures are my LIFE.













About a year ago I had some extra money in the bank and  I decided to purchase my first DSLR camera.  The goal was to buy something that I thought would be worth spending the money.  Eight months into taking horrible photos of myself, it was time to master my craft. I realized that a camera shows exactly was it see's. If the subject has flaws the camera will catch them. That was the day I decided I was going to be flawless in my pictures.
















As I went on this Flawless Journey, I started to learn who I was in the complicated world of makeup.  I learned that I liked lipsticks -- matte lipsticks to be exact. At first I was addicted to eye shadows palettes. After buying 10 palettes I realized that I rather have a conservative eye look and make my lips be the way I express my self in make up.


I know that all the below doesn't really explain why I'm wearing Black Lipstick, which is Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick - Weirdo. All I know is when you find a true passion or hobby in life, make sure that you never set Boundaries . When I fell in love with lipsticks I had no clue that I would explore ALL shades. Remember always go with your heart when you picking out your lippies, you can never go wrong. When it comes to me and lipstick, please  "Expect the Unexpected", because I think Gray is next on my list.






As always thanks for reading -- What's your lippie today?

6 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to try this new method of a tamer eye pallet and stronger lips!! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiki (MySisterlockJourney)March 28, 2016 at 10:35 PM

    You inspire me to try different lipsticks!! For my first time, what brand lipsticks should I use? I love moisturizers in my lipsticks and lipsticks that stay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just fell in love with this blog. It's nice to see a familiar face and someone I can relate to. I'm headed to Vegas with the hubby next week. Any suggestions on a lipstick? (Lip care, conditioning for best results, etc.)
    ~Jeralyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this article. I am branching out with makeup. I am super conservative and taking chances is a risk, but I am trying new things. Thanks for my first bold color. I get compliments every time I wear it. I am thinking of going Brown and red next. I love a mix of matte and a little gloss. I love how I look and I am a selfie Queen.lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I'm like a stalker and going back reading all of your posts. I'm over here dying laughing at that Cherry Jubilee lipstick - swear my aunt still wears it!! I finally can relate to someone on a blog as I recently decided to go back to taking pictures, I did it in high school and got away from it during my college years. I decided to spend a few dollars and bought my first DSLR camera - didn't get the Nikon because of the price and I know my attention span and it would be in the box in a corner. I did get a Canon and with the help of a close friend, I've started taking pictures again. I'm loving it. I saw some pictures of myself and thought OMG, I'm soooo plain! A friend suggested I try a colored lipstick - she says everyone should have a pop of color so I tried MAC's heroine and I fell in love. I've been trying different colors and different brands. This blog is the best!! This blog has inspired me to continue to move forward in my makeup journey!! Hate I'm tuning in so late.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!! You are right we are just alike!!!! Just know that you have found someone who lives for lipstick.... I feel naked if I'm not wearing it....Thanks for reading.... It means the world to me

    ReplyDelete

Product Review: Coloured Raine Matte Liquid Lipsticks

Can you say, "Long Overdue"? Yes this Review is Lonnnnnng Overdue. I started rocking with Coloured Raine back in May 2016. Yes it...