Friday, January 8, 2016

Started from the bottom, now I'm here

Make-up has no rules! However, there are do's and don't. The question is, at what point is that understood? I can only speak for myself. I've always had a special love for cosmetics. The brand of products never made a big deal for me, until 2005 I was introduced to MAC Cosmetics.  Please know my life changed, you couldn't tell me that I wasn't going to have the biggest collection.  My first purchase included 1 lip glass and Bronze eyeshadow. I can remember  buying more items, using them until I hit pan, and saving the containers to Back to MAC them.  The weird thing about this story is I never even thought about the proper application of the makeup. All I cared about was the fact that I was in love with MAC Cosmetics!!!! Here we are 11 years later -- Thank god it hit me!!! I wanted to look like the girls on Instagram and more importantly I needed my brows on Fleek for my headshots!!!!! 


2013 - MAC Humid eyeshadow all over the lid and up to the eyebrow. OMG! I'm shame of this picture now, but the courage to show it comes from the fact I know better now.



2014- This photo encouraged me to learn how to do my Eyebrows.  I purchased my first DSRL Camera and wanted to capture my headscarf and blue lippie.





2015- Brows on Fleek!!!!!!  Nitraab gets all the credit here. She taught me how to do my brows with a $1- NYC Dark Brown Eyebrow Pencil. They were a little boxy but I was happy about the change and compliments.












May 15, 2015 - 32 Looks good on ME!!!!!! This is my 32nd Birthday Look. I woke up early to makeup my face for my special day, and you couldn't tell me nothing. My confidence was off the charts.
Sept 25, 2015- Our 2nd Anniversary - There always time for a beat face. By this time I had learned pretty much everything I needed for a simple face.


Dec 2015- NOW I'm here --Even with my head wrap, this day I felt like the african queen that I look like.
Now I know that KNOWLEDGE is Power, you can learn anything you put your mine to, and Youtube is your Best Friend to learn! Many may never understand why women wear makeup. I wear it to cover up a few flaws and to photograph flawless. The statement is true, makeup does work wonders. However, I'm the same girl with or without it.



3 comments:

  1. Amazing transformation. Knowledge is truly indeed Power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the brow video! I can't wait to try it. You're eyebrows are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the brow video! I can't wait to try it. You're eyebrows are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Product Review: Coloured Raine Matte Liquid Lipsticks

Can you say, "Long Overdue"? Yes this Review is Lonnnnnng Overdue. I started rocking with Coloured Raine back in May 2016. Yes it...