Sunday, January 24, 2016

Lippies are fun but don’t forget about Lip Care

Lipsticks bring out the best in me.  However, when I’m going thru a Lip Crisis (clapped/sore lips) from wearing several types of lipsticks. Let’s just say you’ll see another side of me.



Clapped/Sore lips are so uncomfortable.








It’ll bother you all day until you take the time to add moisture and refresh your lips.


2015 was the year that the “Liquid Lipstick” Launched. I was so excited to join this nationwide beauty wave; I purchased 11 lipsticks off the bat (I will not share the brand of liquid lipstick, just in case I decide to try them again in the future). I can remember the day I tried my new liquid lipstick. Starting at 8 a.m., I started documenting the wear of this lippie. About 4 hours in it was cracking and peeling. When I removed the product after 6 hours of wear, my lips were tore up from the floor up. I called the company, told them how my lips were cracked/sore and returned all 11 lipsticks for a full refund. I was determined to find a liquid lipstick with a perfect formula that won't cause me to go into a lip crisis every time I wore it. After recovering, I realized that "Lip Care" must be apart of my daily routine and I must always apply lip balm anytime I'm not wearing lipstick --even before bed.


After 4 hours- Cracked in the inner lip


My Top 3 Lip Care Products and Review

#1- Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm

Details
Sold at Wal-Mart and Target
Retails for: $3.00 or Buy 1, Get 1 50% ( Walgreens or CVS- check your weekly ad)
Facts from Maybelline's website:
Maybelline New York Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm provides 8 hr moisture + lip renewal. Moisturizing lip balm with SPF 20 sunscreen- it's clinical care for baby soft lips.
My Review:
Love, Love, Love and Love. This Lip Balm is new to me. I've been faithfully using it for about 8 months now and let me tell you. I have one in my cosmetics bag in purse, one on my makeup vanity, one with my morning/night routine stuff, and I've gifted them to most of my friends. What I love most about it is, I can apply it before I apply my Liquid Lipstick. OMG, Maybelline has created something good you'll. I live by this lip balm.







***One important fact to know for Women of Color (W.O.C.) - Be sure to only purchase the Peppermint or Quenched, they apply clear.








Peach Kiss, Pink Punch, Cherry Me, and Grapevine are all Sheer Nudes. I'm sure they are nice, but it didn't work for my pecan tan skin tone.


Overall, this Lip Balm is a great formula, long lasting and wears very comfortable for many hours. To be honest it is a MUST HAVE in my opinion. Please go get it today.

#2 - C.O. Bigelow - Mentha Lip Shine



Details
Sold at Bath and Body Works
Retails for: $7.50 or Buy 2, Get 1 Free- Mix or Match
Facts from C.O. Bigelow's website:
This lip preparation is the ultimate three-in-one moisturizer. Combines high gloss, incredible moisture and long-lasting breath freshening with a refreshing, minty, cooling sensation.
My Review:
This Lip Goss is my old favorite, especially when I wasn't into lipsticks yet. Back in 2009 I was deployed to Iraq for 5 months and I brought 1 per month with me. I loved them. Very comfortable to wear and to my lip gloss lovers --it will suit you just fine. C.O. Bigelow states that this lip balm can be worn under or over lip color. I wouldn't recommend this with liquid lipsticks but just alone is a great choice.

# 3 Mary Kay- Satin Lips Set


Details
Sold by any Mary Kay Consultant- If don't know one, please feel free to use mine
Shanelle Sapp- Mary Kay Consultant
Retails for: $18 for the set
Facts from Mary Kay's website: 
Treat your lips to the ultimate two-step system that gently exfoliates and moisturizes your lips.
-Satin Lips® Lip Mask effectively exfoliates dead surface skin cells.
-Satin Lips® Lip Balm moisturizes lips for at least six hours.
-Fragrance-free.
My Review:
If you are in need of a Spa Day for your lips, this is the product for you. First you apply the Satin Lips - Lip Mask. Rub it in a circular motion allowing the product to scrub any dead skin off your lips.


 Use a wet cloth/napkin to wipe your lips clean. Next, apply the Satin Lips- Lip Balm to your lips. I promise it will be wroth the $18.00 you spend. This is a Lip Treat to die for.

Food for Thought: Lippies are fun but don’t forget about Lip Care.

Video of me wearing lipsticks, lipsticks and more lipsticks.

As always thanks for reading -- What's your lippie today?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Product Review: Coloured Raine Matte Liquid Lipsticks

Can you say, "Long Overdue"? Yes this Review is Lonnnnnng Overdue. I started rocking with Coloured Raine back in May 2016. Yes it...